Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Donut of Misery or Happiness....

 I loved when the Deployment first started watching others post about the Donut of Misery-haha I was so, "yeah that's a good name to call it"! Now I am thinking I am going to call mine my Donut of Happiness! I am Happy that everytime I check mine it is slowly & steadily filling up. It may be creeping along but at least it is moving in the right direction.  I am trying to change my attitude & stay a little more positive even though I know I'll still have those  "I hate this & this stinks days !". It's OK to have them, but I hope to have more fun , exciting & happy days instead. Below you can see we are making progress! I am thinking when we finally hit the 50% mark I am taking the kids out for a celebration dinner!! Something to look forward to for sure.


28.35% Completed of your Deployment.

Isn't this GREAT!! I love seeing that we have made progress !! I hope it keeps trucking along at a steady pace- I just love seeing the chart fill up!
 

3 comments:

Blogging at Tiffany's said...

Do you keep a calendar? Like, a physical monthly calendar? I keep one every time J deploys so I can mark off the days. My favorite part was when I would forget for a week or so to mark days off and I would get to mark off 7 or 8 days at a time.

Cassie said...

So glad your deployment is going by and coming to an end.

Ours is about to start in a few months. I ilk the Calendar idea from the post above!

Amanda said...

No I normally do not mark off days on a calender since the first deployment. I learned if the kids see me marking days off they assume that Paul is coming home when it is done. Which with the Army we know never happens on time-LOL So we just do guesstimate time frames now.