Friday, March 16, 2012

Fitness Friday

I had Jaime my trainer twice this week. As you all know we are training for Obstacle runs & our first is the Spartan Sprint on June 16th. With that said we have been focusing on my shoulders, back, upper arm strength. This has always been my weakness- my legs are fine but not the upper body. We have been doing so many burpees I've lost count! Today I thought my arms where going to fall off with the amount of push ups & weighted burpees ,uggg. But I can finally see the difference in my muscle tone in my shoulder area & back! That makes me super excited! I also noticed that even though I feel exhausted after our sessions I bounce back much quicker. As was the case today. I felt so good even though I had already been smoked at the gym earlier. I decided I could run the loop we use by our pool in the neighborhood to get some more outdoor running accomplished. The weather has made it almost impossible to run outside. Here is the video I shot right before I ran the loop only making it 3 times. 4 times around would be a mile which is what I had hoped to accomplish. But my legs where so done after barely making it up the third loop.




Next week is going hurt I have Jaime 3 days in a ROW!! I am not sure what I was thinking when I booked those work outs- obviously she had me under some sort of spell-lol So I took the time to book a massage & a sauna to help my poor body recover. I hope all of you who are doing all the training for these crazy runs we love are having as much fun as I am! I  may whine & complain but I love seeing the results & my energy level is so much better! I am excited that Jacob my 9 year old wants to run his first 5K with me this summer. I'll fill you in on the details later. Have a great weekend everyone! Don't forget to WORK OUT!!  I decided to do a Link Up with The New Healthy  Sweat it out Saturday. Go check out some other great Blogs about their week in Fitness. You can always learn something new- so go Link up your self!

1 comment:

Stefanie Mockler said...

That's so awesome that you're starting to see changes in your upper body! Burpees are amazing for that. :)

Thanks for linking up!!