Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back to Work.....HURTS



Yes my bloggy friends my insane fitness friends are back at it planning all the fun mud/obstacle runs we are suppose to do this coming summer. We signed up for our first Spartan Sprint  on June 16th. This will be a new race for us all. It has never come to the PNW before so I am excited to compare it to the others we have completed. We also have one we may do on May 26th as well- so many races on the docket. They are all suppose to lead up to the Tough Mudder 2012 on September 29th. Now I have never professed to be a runner or even like running for that matter. But today I got out of the house after church & made myself run. I ran the first mile with out stopping- it HURT!!  Then I walk ran the rest but even my walking was at a very fast clip. Anyway it hurt, it stunk & my legs felt like cement. Just happy to have started so  maybe it won't hurt so much next time. Running outside is so much different then running on a tread mill or elliptical in the gym.

I hope all of you that are reading this who are on our Tough Mudder page & committed to getting fit for the race where able to get out today in the sunshine. Remember folks the first steps are the hardest- every step after get's a little less painful. Running may never come easy for me but at least I'm lapping everyone on the couch!!

Here is my video from the end of my little 40 some minutes of outdoor running/walking today. It's a way for me to have accountability to the other members of our little insane group who want to do 10+ miles with obstacles called the Tough Mudder . I am still not sure I will do the run yet but I will commit to training with the others to be ready just in case.

No comments: