Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kitchen Concoctions

For the past two weeks I have been working on making my protein snacks at home to monitor the sugar content. Last week I followed a recipe off of Pinterest that was very yummy!! But oh how sweet it was from the dates. I love dates & sugar! So they where like crack to me- which means not good to keep in the house. Here is the picture from the first batch.


1 Cup almond mill
1/4 cup dates pitted & chopped
1/2 cup almond butter
2tbl honey

scoop into an ice cream scooper roll in coconut & chill

These where so good but sweet- so you have been warned!~


This is a picture of today's protein balls made with less dates & walnuts to help cut the sweetness.


1 cup almond mill
4 dates pitted & chopped
1/3 cup walnuts crushed
1/2 cup organic low sugar peanut butter
2tbl honey
mix & roll into balls then roll in coconut- place in air tight container in refrigerator 

These taste just as good but not near as sweet which is GREAT for me! Each little ball contain 10 grams of protein & 140 calories. Perfect little snack at night if you get the munchies before bed. I love that you can just create your own recipe toss it together & it usually tastes good.

No comments: