Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday's Tune Time

This week has been filled to the rim with appointments & rushing around. We have so much going on trying to wrap up school for the kids,vet appointments, & getting ready to head to Spokane, WA for Cliff's Memorial Service. I fill like I barely shut my eyes at night & it's time to wake up to get moving again. Yesterday as I was driving home from the Vet with our dog Heidi a song by Norah Jones came on the radio. I use to listen to her quite a lot so I cranked it up! Her raspy voice just seemed to calm my nerves & help me relax for a few moments. So today I am choosing for my Thursday song link up with Amber from Goodnight Moon Norah. She has a lot to choose from but I went with Come Away with Me.


 I wish I could Come Away with my man to that mountain top she sings of so we could escape. To many commitments piling up & less time for each-other is what our days seems like. I knew it would happen right after the weekend with him prepping at work to leave. But I had no idea how much would get dumped into my lap all at once. So Norah helped relax me this week & I will dig her cd out to put in the van for the long drive to Spokane. My husband loves her voice as well, so maybe we can enjoy the car ride with some peaceful music playing in the background.

5 comments:

Ashley S. said...

I love Nora too and I'm glad her music was just what you needed to relax and take a deep breath. I hope things get better for you!

Kristle Helmuth said...

I LOVE Nora, and this was the perfect song for tonight, I had a horrible week, and i'm ready to just sink into the bath and escape. Great pick!

Kelsey said...

Mm... such a relaxing and beautiful song! Nora has such a wonderful and unique voice, it's hard not to love.

Goodnight moon said...

I have this cd. She is so awesome and I love this song! Having weeks like yours are both good and bad. Good beause the weeks over before you know it, but bad because your exhausted!

Sending thoughts and prayers to Cliff's family. You're amazing for going to show your support. What a hard day it will be for everyone. Hugs!

Amanda said...

Amber I know what you mean about the week speeding by- but it really has worn us all out. I can't imagine not going to say goodbye to Cliff- he was a funny man who loved his kids & a great soldier. So it will be an honor to us to attend & express our condolences. Thanks again for starting the Song link up- I really enjoy it so much!