Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Calling of Sorts

About two months ago a friend of mine asked if I would take on the idea of starting a ladies bible study group. At first I was like no thanks I have to much on my plate but it's a nice idea. Then she replied with "what if it's at my home & only every other week?". I am pretty sure I stopped what I was doing & looked up at the sky to see if God was just staring down at me to see my response. I never sit still, those who know me know I go constantly. I am pretty sure this was God's way of smacking me up side the head to realize I needed to add a little more of him back into my routine. That going to church on Sundays was not filling me up. Plus my friend was so eager to learn about the bible, so hello can't say no to that at least not a second time.

 I called my dad to see if his church would mind donating  our work books as most of the ladies who wanted to join are young military moms. They have families & not a lot of extra to spend. Thankfully dad's church stepped up and bought us 8 study guides & the DVD that goes along with the series. Today was finally our first meeting & 5 of us ladies could make the group. It was an awesome discussion about melt downs, everyday stress, & false Gods. I left the ladies feeling recharged and hoping I made a difference with my input. I liked the idea that we decided to do more a round table discussion type bible study verses a hard core study . We have homework but we have two weeks to work on it between group. Life happens & with all the kids, plus throw in the Army it may very well take us two weeks to get our homework completed. I enjoyed the group and I am pretty sure this is what God had in mind when he made me take a step back from my busy life. He had me reevaluate my prioritizes to make sure they included him & spreading his word. I hope everyone has had a great Tuesday & takes a moment to realize like Jeremiah 29 11-13 states "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.".  

That was our theme today- that God wants us all to prosper even on the rough days. YAY & Thank goodness! I also just love this song that another friend posted today & it really made me smile so I wanted to share.

No comments: