Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful Moments

I know everyone is listing what they are thankful for this time of year. I was doing that as well & after the past week I have decided I need to step back and remember everything I have been blessed with all year long. There is something in every month that I can list so I am going to do just that for you folks. If I have a picture I'll post it to go along with my thankful moment of the month.

January



I am thankful for my beautiful friends who made sure I got out of the house while Paul was deployed. The top picture is from an early birthday night out. The bottom is when we took Tena out for her birthday.

February




I am thankful to live in a community that cares about my family.
This was a fundraiser put on by Jeremy's friends from Boy Scouts for Banyan.

March


This may sound trivial to some, but I am thankful for Pinterest . I was hosting an Easter Brunch and found out how to make this beautiful centerpiece.

April




I was so thankful to be able to take my boys to the beach over Spring Break. We had so much fun!

May




I was so thankful & grateful for the support of our community again when I started the wear blue Memorial Day run/walk in Yelm.

June


So Thankful to God that Paul made it home from Afghanistan & deployment number four was over. 

July


I was so thankful for a chance for the first time in 16 years to go on a vacation alone with my husband to Hawaii. 

August


 I think I am the luckiest mom in the world because my son wanted to go hike Rainer with me on a Saturday. He asked to go with out me asking first.

September


I was so thankful for another sunny day on the lake with the kids.

October




Very thankful for the chance to spend time with family in Colorado.

November

This month is such a mix of emotions. It started off with me being so thankful that Banyan was in Nebraska getting the training he needed for Jeremy. Then it turned to despair & devastion. Now it has come full circle with me being so thankful for the wonderful friends & family I have. Everyone who has reached out from here at home all the way across the country in PA. Friends we know in our everyday life to people we now call friends who we met on Jeremy's Journey.

For those whom much is expected , much is often given. God must trust me with so much it's over flowing. Because I feel so blessed with so much in my life. I hope I show my gratitude all the time everyday all year. I try to live my life with the motto of " what you put out will always come back to you". So I sure hope I am putting out smiles, laughter, helpfulness, & happiness. 
I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving . Take a moment to please remember the chair at the tables around the globe that are empty. Maybe they are empty because the soldier is off fighting while we enjoy our turkey. Maybe the chair is empty because a Hero Fell for our freedom. But never forget those who are missing a loved one & be thankful to have your loved ones with you today.








No comments: