Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Favorites



What a day another one I am sure I will remember for many years ahead. Waking up feeling like I never went to sleep. Turning on my TV to watch a little bit of the tributes because I simply couldn't watch much without crying. Honestly I am tired of crying, I am ready to laugh again. I got the boys ready & out the door to church. I made a quick stop at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice latte-YUUMMMMMM!!! I had been waiting until I felt I was in a better work out pattern so I wouldn't feel guilty, but today was a four cup of coffee kind of day. So I gave in & it tasted like heaven!! Then back on the road to church. We had a great Bible lesson on Life Changes then at the end we held a prayer service for 9-11. They asked my family to come forward ,discussed a little about how much military families have sacrificed in the past ten years. Then our congregation prayed over us for continued strength & safety for Paul, all the military serving around the globe. Of course we where all in tears again after it was over.But it was so nice to have the comfort of good friends on a day like today.

After looking at some of the short video clips today on Facebook & reading all the status updates I have a few that are my favorites . A few that summed up everything that has happened over the past ten years. We will never forget but as a few survivors have pointed out they can now remember with smiles & not so many tears. I hope you all took time to remember even if only for a moment about that day ten years ago. That day that changed the face of America the face of the world forever.




Favorites of the day:


We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." ~President Ronald Reagan



"Many years ago, in 1863, another president came to dedicate a memorial site in this state. He told his audience that, "In a larger sense we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. For the brave souls who struggled there, consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract."


He added "The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here."


So it is with Flight 93. For as long as this memorial stands, we will remember what the men and women aboard the plane did here. We'll pay tribute to the courage they showed, the sacrifice they made, and the lives they spared. The United States will never forget.


May God bless you all."  President George W Bush







"On a normal day, we value heroism because it is uncommon. On Sept. 11, we valued heroism because it was everywhere."~ Nancy Gibbs, Time Magazine Special Edition
 








No comments: