Saturday, May 7, 2011

Smother your Mother

Sunday is always a busy day for us in our family. I wanted to post a day early to take a moment to say Thank You to my Mother as well as my Grandmother on my dad's side. Both wonderful women hold a special place in my heart. I know that I don't get to see them as often as I would like but such is the military life. The last Mother's Day we spent together was my first over fourteen years ago when my oldest son was only nine months old. I can hardly believe I now have four handsome boys who surprise me daily with their spunky beautiful personalities. I now know what my mom meant when she said you never stop loving your children no matter what they may do in their lives. I have experienced it first hands on days when sibling rivalry occur, report cards come home, testing of boundaries happen as they spread their wings. I am grateful for my mom & my grandmother who always set the best christian example for me to learn so many things. How to have never ending patience, how hugs through tears & laughter are the best. They always made me feel special & they still do today. Thank you so much for your loving guidance all these years.

Now to have a little fun for all my Mommy friends out here in Blog world who need a good laugh because we are right in the trenches these days. We are wiping tears, snotty noses,putting band aids on cuts,teaching life lessons daily. We love the little monsters angels with all our hearts, but are very sleep deprived. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day full of Love & Laughter. To help you with the laughter part go take a look at this hysterical video I came across thanks to a friend.  Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.


  In tha Muthahood , lyrics that we can all relate too! It's not all Rainbows & Birthday Cake all the time. Some-days it's throw up, poopy diapers, fussy kids, & talking back- it's called Living in tha Muthuhood!!  Any mom out there who says her child is perfect is obviously in DENIAL!! Don't hate just smile because you never know what she might be going through with her kiddos. I know I sometimes say my kids are GREAT ! I figure if I say it enough on the days they are driving me completely insane maybe I'll actually believe it before they make me loose it. Enjoy your hard earned day moms- may you get Smothered in Love!!


1 comment:

Gaile said...

I'm laughing so hard I can barely type! Thanks for linking up. (ha ha ha haaaaaa......Apple Bottom Jeans...... ha ha!)