Sunday, May 1, 2011

History is Made, What Now?

I took a moment tonight with  my husband, my children,my friends, & all America to breathe a long awaited sigh of relief. The monster was dead- the man who was the figure head behind the 9/11 attacks. The man who collectively changed my life that day, the life of all those who lost a loved one on 9/11, all Americans around the world . We never have looked back after that day & tonight we can celebrate. It seems strange to celebrate the death of another human being, but from my view over the past ten years it is long awaited victory for our country & our Military.

I refuse to type his name, put up a picture or give him any more celebrity in death- that is why he started this attack on our nation.He wanted his name on our lips , his face burned into our minds- NO MORE!! I will have a small brief moment of happiness for all our hard working men & women in the Armed Forces who have given so much over the past ten years. Yet so much has been taken from them & their families - no one can repay. I say thank you for standing up when others wouldn't & saying Not in my country- you WILL PAY!

Another wonderful BLOGGER posted about her grief & wondered if it was really worth all the heart ache? She lost the love of her life because of this monster. Will it really change anything?? That is now my new concern & worry. My soldier will still deploy & now will this happiness be short lived by us all when retaliation happens for his death? I ask you now to pray for our Military tonight who are still serving around the world. Pray for their safety & for all those who are still yet to go to continue this battle against evil. 

Celebrate tonight America it was a hard earned victory, then remember it's back to work for that 1% of America tomorrow. Back to War (s) that aren't finished & still have our loved ones in harms way. Pray for safety, wisdom for our leaders,as well as comfort for those who stay behind & wait.

“Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles.” (Proverbs 24:17)
 

7 years ago he came home from Deployment #1

This photo was the day he came home from Deployment #2

 
This was the day he came home from Deployment #3


It's not over, but thanks to my husband & his brothers in arms it's OK we can sleep safe tonight.


2 comments:

Me said...

What an amazing blog post! What a wonderful day!

Lisa C said...

I thought the same thing Amanda. Now that "it" is dead,as great as that is, the reprisals against our military must be a concern. Those brave people will still be out there watching our backs, but now with angrier enemies. As usual, they'll step up to the plate, not with parties and signs and T-shirts that the media shows, but with their lives and the happiness of their families at stake.

Give Paul a hug today from us.

We'll have a girl's day soon.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa