Friday, May 6, 2011

You have my Appreciation


Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day here in America. I want to say Thank you to all those who are currently serving as both mom & dad. The ones giving the hugs & wiping away the tears . Those who volunteer for countless hours with the FRG to make sure all our military families are taken care of while their soldier serves our nation.The ones who spend time putting together just the right care package to ship every other week overseas so their soldier & sometimes others always receive mail.Those who do carpool, take children to the doctor, dentist,baseball, football,soccer ,gymnastics, & school alone most of the time. This Thank You is for those who stand beside their soldier not behind them to help them do their jobs. This is one of the toughest jobs around so Thank You for volunteering to do it & doing it well.Not everyone is born to fulfill this role so take pride today in yourself. If you are doing the job of Military Spouse
Thank You .


For All Military Spouses:
The Silent Ranks

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens
But I am in the Military in the ranks rarely seen
I have no rank upon my shoulders - salutes I do not give
But the military world is the place where I live
I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind
My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man
And the call to serve his country not all can understand
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me
I love the man I married, Soldiering is his life
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Military Wife


Great Blogs for Military Appreciation Day: 

If I were a toy,I'd be a high-bounce ball

Operation We are Here 

The Army Wife (DUDE) 

No comments: