Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Tune Time Link -Up

My week started off pretty good & the sunshine around western Washington has definitely improved my  mood! When I had a few moments of me time early into the week I went to Netflix & decided to finally watch the movie Easy A. I had heard it was a cute teeny bopper comedy I would enjoy. It did not disappoint. My favorite was the references they gave to the old 80's classics for me Can't Buy Me Love & Say Anything.I think McDreamy riding away on the lawn mower is still one of my favorite romantic love scenes today that I remember from Jr. High.Oh how I wanted a cute boy to love me so much he would lie, cheat, & eventually grab a lawn mower to whisk me away on for all my friends to see....ahhhh. Then the best part was the last scene in Easy A where the super cute guy from Gossip Girl plays John Cusacks role by holding the boom box up over his head by the girl's bedroom window. I remembered once again thinking how totally cool & awesome (those exact words when I was thirteen) if a boy did that while he was trying to date me, again, ahhhh.It is also one of the only romantic chick - flick type movies my husband will admit to liking. He told me about it more then once when we where dating. 

I have chosen my song from Say Anything & Easy A this week as a fun flashback to the carefree days of Jr. High. When first loves where new every other week & anything seemed possible. Boys weren't so dumb yet, they actually tried to impress us with their romantic sides.
Peter Gabriel  In your Eyes now you go Link Up with Amber from Goodnight Moon to share your favorite song of the week & listen to some more fabulous music.



6 comments:

Kris said...

Killer choice!

Ashley S. said...

I love Easy A! Probably one of my all-time favorite movies now for sure! Thanks for sharing such a great song!

Allie said...

Easy A was definitely not what I was expecting when we watched it! I ended up loving it, I thuoght the movir was hysterical. Great song choice!

Unknown said...

Oh this is one of my all time favorite songs!!!! And Say Anything is a classic movie for sure. I haven't seen Easy A yet but I plan to. Oh and Can't Buy Me Love is probably one of my all time favorite movies. Who can pass up extra anchovies?!?!?!!

Anonymous said...

Such a good song!

Dawn said...

I loved Easy A, but I loved Say Anything so much more. Probably my favorite 80's movie by far.