Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday's Tune Time

I have had so much going on this week since Sunday that I wasn't sure I would have time today to get this post up so I scheduled it on Tuesday night.My whole week my emotions have been all over the place. At times I am laughing, then crying, then exhausted & in need of sleep. I honestly wonder if this is a test of some sort- I sure hope not. If you read my earlier post on Monday Unimaginable Heartache  then you know why I am all over the emotional spectrum this week.

When you watch a loved one suffer & loose someone that is so important in their life it really shakes you to the core. I chose my song after listening to it on the radio Tuesday afternoon. I was waiting on my son to get out of school & Pearl Jam's Just Breathe came on the radio. Tears immediately sprang into my eyes as my mind went straight to Sam & the kids.I had just read her Facebook status as just meeting the other young 19 year old soldier who died along side Cliff on Sunday. I knew she & the kids where doing their best, but hurting so much. The song really hit me hard. So I share it with you all today in hope it makes you hug those you love a little tighter today. If they are deployed then email them a love note. It never hurts to say I love you over & over again to the ones that mean the most in your life.



                                RIP SFC Cliff Beatties May 22, 2011


Now I hope you head over to see Amber at Goodnight Moon link up your favorite Song of the week.

10 comments:

Amanda C. said...

thanks for the advice! :)
and this is such a great song!
im so sorry to hear about your friend.

Ashley S. said...

I am so sad for your friend. I cannot imagine the pain she must be going through. I will definitely say a prayer for her. This is a great song. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Goodnight moon said...

Ugh! I hate reading stuff like that. It's so easy to go about our days and just keep our chins up and push out "what could happen", and then you either know someone or hear a story and it brings you smack down to reality again. My heart goes out to their families and loved ones. It's so very sad and heartbreaking. Thanks for the reminder especially with it being Memorial weekend.

Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Hearing about your friend makes me incredibly sad. Definitely going to say a prayer for her and their families.

This song is truly amazing, I love it.

Mrs. H said...

Praying so much for your friend. But what a great song to commemorate to her especially on this Memorial Day weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this reminder. This song is perfect for this week. Please send lots of love and hugs to your friend and her kiddos. And hugs to you for being a great friend...you need support too. xoxoxoxo ((HUGS))

Tasha said...

So sorry to hear about your friend...You all will be in my prayers

I have heard this song before, but I never new who sung it...I was surprised that it was Pearl Jam

Unknown said...

Beautiful song and excellent reminder. So sorry for the terrible heartache you and your friends family must be feeling.

erika said...

I love this song.

I'm so sorry to hear of everything that has happened. Thinking about the family and yours.

WelltoDo said...

Love Pearl Jam! Great song. And great blog! Happy to have found you. New follower here!

Cheers,
Sarah Smiley—Navy wife, Author, Columnist
Suz Stephenson—Blogger, Business Owner

http://www.smileyandsuz.com/