Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Week Ago ....

I can hardly believe it has already been seven days since I sent my husband on his way. Some-days it feels like he has been gone so much longer then a mere week. Other days it seems like he just left. I miss him a lot already . I was happy to get to have a quick chat with him last night & know he arrived to his final destination safely. That helps ease my mind a great deal. Now to start marking off the weeks until we see him again.






My mantra for the duration of this deployment is the same one I have used in the past. It always helps me to read it when I am feeling lonely.

"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the Bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone, in exchange for a little time with the one they Love.It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it - even if they don't see it nearly enough."


2 comments:

Danielle, VA Beach Photographer said...

I nominated you for an award :)

go here:http://happinessisamooddanielle.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-award-2.html

Hope you are doing well in your first days of deployment! I feel ya…we just hit half way! It won't be long until I can read your half way post! :)

Unknown said...

It's so weird. The time flies and feels like it takes forever at the same time. Grrrr. Love your mantra!