As I am laying around trying this new thing called relaxation while the husband is gone as well as the kiddos, I had forgotten a few things about the "single" life.
1. Sleep is AMAZING!!!! I can barely remember the last time I could go to bed WHENEVER I wanted because I could wake up WHENEVER I wanted!! Even the dogs have figured out I am NOT going to get up before 6:30AM anymore to let them out- LOVE IT! Thanks to new allergy medication & pure exhaustion the last two night I have crashed hard & slept through the night!!
2. What do I want to eat & when? Anything my heart desires is what I can choose!! No chicken nuggets, no hot dogs, no macaroni, no peanut butter & jelly- NO KID FOOD!! It's so GREAT!! Plus I can eat whenever I feel like it not right on the clock that the boy's seem to have set for meals.
3. Read a good book WITH OUT interruptions! I started a new book & never had to stop reading to stop fighting over toys or TV. Do not have to help with anything! It's so great! I forgot what it was like to actually get through a whole book in three or four hours! Not Three or four days or even weeks!
4. POOL TIME ALONE!! As I went with a good friend to lay out in the sunshine yesterday to soak up some vitamin D I realized as I was laying out watching the kids swim they are not my responsibility at all! I would have jumped into to help if they ever needed it but I didn't have to! No watching the pool 24/7 to make sure the boys don't drown eachother. Instead I reapplied sunscreen several times ,laid around, & chatted with my friend- AMAZING!! I did get a little pink in spots where I must have missed with the sunscreen but its already gone & I so didn't care!
5. Dishes in the sink- there aren't ANY!! When I do decide to eat something I wash the one fork, spoon, or plate immediately . It is then put away & therefore my sink is shiny & clean!
6. Laundry time- NOPE!! There is hardly any dirty laundry & what little there is is mine! No arguing with the boys to pick up their clothes off their floors & not wait until they run out of clean underwear to tell me! Love not having to wash two loads a day & fold- how I'd forgotten the relaxation that comes from just not doing laundry all the time.
7. Messy rooms- nope no yelling about picking up their rooms.! I just shut my teenagers doors & walked away! Normally I would be in there with gloves, trash bags, & lysol but not this time! They are old enough to deal with that pig sty themselves! I will strip the beds at some point so they have clean sheets when they come home but that's it! They will be shocked to realize mommy went on a "mini" strike while they where away & they now are forced to clean it themselves upon their return!
These are just a few things I have loved rediscovering while I have the house to myself. I am finally getting into the swing of this whole relaxation thing. It may be rather hard to let it go in a couple of weeks. But at least I'll be recharged for the rest of the deployment & that is really what this all about. I tend to forget tot take time for myself when Paul is deployed so this is some much needed time for just me. Do I feel guilty- not even a little! All four boys have been calling & checking in with me. They are having a BLAST doing all kinds of fun things with their ommie & pawpaw. So I am relishing this mommy time A LOT!
Just a little snapshot of how I spent my Saturday-ahhhh My legs are the white pale legs. Us red-heads tend not to tan very much- but oh-how I love laying in the hot sun!