Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A whirlwind of fun...

For the past 48 hours I've slept maybe ten hours total while Paul has been away. I always tend to stay up later & get caught up on my Netflix movies.I don't know why I do that because I still have to be up at 5:30AM every morning Mon-Fri with out fail to get boys out the door to school. Then to top it off Monday night was a late night with friends. While Tuesday brought on a wonderful birthday celebration with one of my best friends.So below is a few pictures to sum up what has been going on in my world for the past two days & why I am feeling exhausted.

Monday Evening Live from a friend's couch on Fort Lewis it was .......the National Championship

I guess you can tell who I was for & that I wasn't happy with the SEC Win.
But it didn't mean we didn't have some fun with those awful Auburn fans!


Tuesday came and it was 1/11/11- crazy thing was I had  4 friends & my brother with a Birthday today!!    How & when did that happen??

 This is our Annual Birthday picture with Sam in the middle being the birthday girl! We figured out tonight that it has been 13 years since we met that day up at Fort Wainwright, AK when I brought home my son Matthew from the hospital.I believe God knew we would need each other in the future. He sent Sam's family to Fort Lewis about 8 months before we arrived.We've seen the good , the bad, & the really nasty ugly in each others life - I couldn't imagine my world with out her .God sent us Bekah about 3 years ago it just all fit like a missing puzzle piece.I could dig out old Birthday photos but I won't because it would only show how much older I look not the other ladies as I am the "mom" of the group.Although we do have that one of Bekah & the goose egg, naw, I won't be that mean-LOL

You might ask why if I am so sleep deprived & tired do I still agree to all these activities. My friends from Football night already have orders & will be PCSing  (moving) during the summer. Bekah is also married to a soldier who has orders & they might be moving as well in early summer. So I won't be turning down any invitations to go out & play with my girls. Because I know these moments are getting rare & soon will be gone.That is Army life & we all know it can happen at anytime. But it never makes it any easier to say the goodbyes. So we go out, we laugh, we cry, we make memories that can hold us over until we meet again at the next Duty Station.

In a world of cheerios, my friends are the best bunch of  Fruitloops EVER!!!!

No comments: