Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fundraiser, Auctions & Friends



Yesterday was a crazy busy day with the phone ringing and computer beeping at me all day. I couldn't even complain because it was all people with either ideas on how to raise money or friends offering to host fundraiser for Banyan's trip to Colorado. I have to say everytime we have ever prayed about the next move to make concerning Banyan, God has flung open the windows . Not just a little crack open either a huge gaping picture window open-haha.

We now have three separate fundraisers going on to help cover our expenses to Colorado in mid-October. We still have the very beautiful Quillow that is valued at $175.00 up for bid. The current high bid is $75.00 and you have until September 15th to place the final bids.






Remember to BID on the Quillow simply leave a comment below if you don't have a Facebook account. I'll copy& paste to Jeremy's Facebook Page  
or go to the Facebook page & "like" then comment in the live auction in the NOTES section. You can't miss it! 

Now my workout partner and friend Ashley has her own cake decorating business from her home. Say it With Cake is her buisness name where she whips up some of the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten. We've ordered three cakes from her now and have a fourth soon. She can even do Gluten free cakes that taste Yummy! She surprised me by creating a 50% Give back promotion yesterday.



She  already has 4 custom cake orders placed & our family will receive a portion of her profits. Super sweet of her to do for us and we are truly touched. Go check her out on Facebook  to see all the Awesomeness she can create. If you live in the Olympia, Lacey Dupont or JBLM area she does deliver for a small fee. If your in Yelm it's FREE delivery!

After posting Ashley's cake offer on our local Yelm Outreach Facebook page someone I've never met offered to host an on-line Auction from her home based business as well. I was humbled and so grateful. I know it could be us trying to pay for the airline tickets and hotel cost alone out of pocket. I would have made it happen but generous friends & community people helping makes it easier to not wonder how it would happen. Jackie started up not one but two on-line auctions that anyone anywhere can place bids. Here is one link to the auction at Spot's Corner & here is the second auction as Spot's Corner both for Diaper covers. I had no idea Diaper Covers where so huge right now! The combined total for those two auctions with 100% of the sales going to us is already $127.00-YIPPIE!!

With all this we now have enough money to purchase one of the airline tickets at no out of pocket expense. I am so grateful and we are so blessed. We have amazing support behind our efforts to get Banyan the best training possible. I mentioned to my friend Ashley how I always feel like we are fundraising for Banyan and asking for help. She was amazing when she responded that you reap what you sow and I help out a lot in anyway I can. I sure hope I help enough because no amount of volunteering by me could ever say thank you enough to everyone over the past 8 months who have stepped up to help us along our journey. God has truly humbled me with his constant presence  & reminders to lay my problem at his feet. He will show us the direction in his time that we are suppose to take.

We haven't forgotten those friends who early on in the process helped us get Banyan home & pay for his needs for the first few months. Thank you to the whole Yelm community as well as Army family. With out each and everyone of you we would  not be as far along as we are in our journey. 

Most of the fundraisers go until September so please share them with anyone you think might be interested. The Quillow would make a great Christmas gift and is so beautiful. 


Our family is still raising money for The Chelsea Hutchison Foundation & their Epilepsy walk on September 23rd. If you would like to make a donation to us for their cause in raising awareness about SUDEP please follow this LINK  
to our donation page. All proceeds go to other deserving families who need Service dogs. We've raised $430.00 of our $800 goal- no amount is to small to make a difference.

There is a place in you where there is perfect peace.
There is a place in you where nothing is impossible.
There is a place in you where the strength of God abides you need only ask * then listen for his reply. ~ Author unknown


No comments: