Sunday, July 1, 2012

Down & Dirty






Race #3 DONE! We had fun in the beginning hanging out waiting to run. But once the actual course started we where very disappointed this year with the 5k Down & Dirty on JBLM. In years past there was running but there where a lot more fun obstacles. This year we ran, ran, & ran some more only to come to half hazard looking obstacles that looked like they just threw together that morning. All the poor children who had come to run where in tears & complaining on most of the run. They really should have said "hey there are 6 sort of obstacles this year. It will be mostly running hills on a trail where we chopped all the trees down". Why an event put on by the Army could not come up with an amazing obstacle course is beyond me! I won't be paying to run that again . 
I did enjoy finally running with some of the wear blue:run to remember group from the Dupont chapter. The most fun on the course was when we would run by others who cheered us on for wearing our blue. Over all race number three was a huge BUST! July is relaxation & some training month- no huge runs planned. Which I think is much needed. I am pretty sure my body is screaming for some down time. We are off to go camping later this week which should be an adventure in itself with four boys & two dogs.

2 comments:

I'll Love You Forever said...

Wooo hooo! Good job!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Nice. I'm impressed with anyone who can run.