Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Madness



Today is a little nutty around my house. I committed to staying healthy this year and on track. Which means no matter how tired I am from a weekend of puppy class in Oregon on Saturday or a child who was sick yesterday- TODAY I am going to the gym !! I made it 4 days last week & got one super hard PT session in with my old trainer. I seriously could not walk well until Sunday came around. Squats are not my friend at the moment, they just hurt!! I watched every thing that went in to my mouth- looking at it & asking myself was it " a Healthy Choice" ? I ate a couple of things I knew weren't great for me, but we all have those moments. I am not perfect but I am trying my best to stay on track. I feel better when I eat clean and exercise. It is my only outlet while Paul is deployed that is just for me! After dropping two boys at school I will hit the gym for a one hour session of PT with two friends. I will work hard and I will sweat a lot! Then I'll come home to finish the rest of my crazy day of Ophthalmology appointments & Soccer camp for the kids. But I'll be feeling much better knowing I started my day off great!


What are you doing today or this week to help you stay motivated and live your best life?? 

Today's smoothie is the following:

1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbl spoon Almond Butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
half of a banana
some ice cubes

It tastes great!! Almost like a peanut butter cup- if you want it sweeter add a packet of your favorite sweetner.


have a great Monday everyone!

1 comment:

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

Keep up the great work! I got into a routine late last year, and kind of fell out of it this month. I need to start getting back on track. :)
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com