1. Check in is at 1:00PM so you can use the water park even if your room isn't ready- Get there by NOON to stand in line.
2.Any person over the age of 12 can get a Key pass scanned onto your braclet you wear during your stay. This helps the parents not have to return to the room when the older kids want to go off on their own.
3.Money can be put on the older kids bracelets as well. Each place they visit can scan them & when their allotted money is gone, it's GONE!! Helps parents with sticker shock while teaching kids budgeting.
4. They have several places you can dine in the Lodge. We take a cooler full of drinks, hotdogs,& snacks to keep in the room. All food is pretty pricey- but all rooms have a microwave. We did Pizza Hut for dinner & lunch in our room. I ran to McDonalds for breakfast items- you save big time bringing in your own snacks!
5.Ask for a Patio room & the sliding glass door leads directly to one of the parking lots. Very easy access to unload & reload the car during the trip.
6. If you are Military they offer a good discount- either call or enter the word "HEROES" on-line.
7. First time visitors may want to stay 2 days- after that 1 day is plenty because everyone get's worn out in the 85 degree swim area.
8. Those with kids 9 & under don't miss Story time in the main lobby at night- the trees come alive with singing animals.Plus you get to meet Violet & Wiley the Wolves- while mom enjoys a glass of wine or coffee from starbucks.
9.Wear your swimsuits to the lodge so when you check in- you are ready to go! They have lockers but they cost$10 to rent for the day.
Most of all just go prepared to get really wet,really silly, & leave super tired!!
In our room
Hunter heading down a slide
Waiting for the bucket with 500 gallons of water to drop
Jeremy meeting Violet & Wiley the Wolves