Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 Hello 2012

I am always grateful when God gives me another year here on earth with my family. But I also wonder the "why" behind the difficulties he places on us during that year. With 2011 finally being over I am extremely happy! It means I hit the half-way mark of this fourth deployment being over! It means that my boys get to see their dad for R&R in a few weeks. It means he will come home- that is so much more exciting then when he left back in July. We had many blessing roll in at the end of the year, but this year has really seemed to creep by at times & fly by at others. I know I should be use to this as it's nothing new. When you say your "See You Later's" to your soldier time seems to come way to quickly to that dreaded send off day. But as usual since he left it has dragged by at a snail's pace,
 We did receive so many blessings of having new friends come into our life as they often do with each deployment. I know God placed them in my life with the specific purpose of getting Jeremy his loveable service dog. I have no doubt in my mind that when I prayed about Jeremy starting school and all doors opening up if that was what was suppose to happen. Well God threw them wide open & Jeremy went to school for the first time . He is loving it and flourishing thanks to the great teachers God provided. With all these blessings I have to be careful and not let the negative out weigh the enormous gifts that God has given me this year. At times it's very hard not to go into my woe is me phase, but I try and that is all I can do.

I don't make New year's resolutions because they are often long forgotten by February. What I do hope for the new year is peace for my worried brain while Paul is away. Activities to fill the time and make it pass quickly. A lot more patience going into the last few months of the deployment so my boys don't catch the brunt of my frustrations & exhaustion.I know in asking God for these he will in his time and way make it possible. I just hope my eyes and heart are open to his answers when he places them in my life. That I am not so consumed with the worldly everyday tasks around me to miss them.
I hope everyone has a safe & Happy New Year's. May all our soldiers serving around the globe come home safely to their loved ones this year as well.Here are a few  pictures , post, & topics that consumed my life in 2011- see you all next year!





Paul's last day on our lake.



The loss of a Beloved friend & soldier 


The faces of a new Gold Star  family




I had to say goodbye to two of my best friends as they PCS to another Post & face the deployment with out them. Losing them both at the same time was so very painful. To loose Romana who had gone through 2 deployments with me was so very strange.


The completion of my 6th ,5k Obstacle run



The last picture of my whole family together.....


Watching the love of my life walk away, not knowing when we will see him again.


First Skype call from Afghansitan



The day we brought home Banyan for Jeremy

There are so many more highlights but these are just a few of the big ones that consumed our lives.


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 
** Borrowed from Skinnie Piggie another great Military Spouse going through a deployment.**

1 comment:

Misty Marie said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment! I left a reply on my blog :) Also started following your blog and your pinterest! Love to meet other Mil Spouses!