Friday, December 17, 2010

Let the insanity begin......

Well it's official we are jumping back on the deployment roller coaster. I am having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this new fact even though I have known it was a possibility for a little while now. This deployment feels different, a new unit, new soldiers I don't know. I have no role at present in the Family Readiness Group (FRG) for the first time ever that Paul has deployed. Which means I don't know any of the families that will be left here on Fort Lewis during this deployment,so strange. This was suppose to be our break time before deciding if Paul would continue his career in the Army or retire in the next year or two. 
Not sure how to tell my children, I know we are choosing not to tell them for the moment. Especially since Paul has only been home for 7 months from his last Iraq deployment.The boys are doing so well in school this year our main concern is to let them have a normal school year if  that is possible.
I am not going to pretend to be a writer during this time leading up to his deployment or during the duration. I simply thought this blog would be a good way for me to express my feelings & let civilians who have no idea what happens during a deployment get a glimpse of my world. At times it may be happy at others it may be sad or angry, so if you don't like what you see please feel free to not read.
For now we will go on with the childrens winter break from school and all the fun Christmas activities. We will not take one single second or tradition for-granted because we know next year Paul will not be here to enjoy them as a family. It makes everything a little bittersweet instead of joyful.I hope you all hug your husbands and children a little closer tonight- realize how lucky you are to have them home with you. Then please offer up a little prayer for all those serving who aren't that lucky this year & who make it possible for you to be home.

3 comments:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

I'll be reading. Enjoy blogging. It is a nice way to celebrate the little things and get through the big.

Lisa C said...

Great idea Amanda! I am looking forward to your new blog and being able to be a "fly on the wall" will be lovely. It will help us to know how and what to pray for you and to remind us what to be thankful for. Now when we go to coffee we won't have near as much army stuff to catch up on since I'll be "in the know"!

We have a medical blog and it can be hard sometimes to find out what others think or how they may judge you, but your feelings are what they are and to get them in writing is very, very helpful. We have found it has turned into a diary as we go way back and read. We remember things long forgotten and it has been a huge blessing.

We are thankful for your and Paul's sacrifices and that you are open to living the life you do so we can complain about all the things we are fortunate enough to have in this country. You two and those rowdy boys are our hero's.

We love you and will be faithful readers....

Amanda said...

Thanks Lisa & Becky! I appreciate the support, this time around I feel really out of sorts & a little overwhelmed. Lisa - I love reading about everything on caringbridge since we aren't neighbors anymore. It too helps me keep up with everything.
Becky I look forward to reading your blog now that I know about it- seems like years ago when we where all in Alaska together.
Hope I don't offend anyone , but as a good friend always says "It is what it is & I won't apologize for that!"